4.24.2006

I just received an e-mail about how all people should boycott and stay home on May 1st if the immigration reform laws get passed.

I laughed and trashed it.

I am not going to stay home and boycott the places where I could have a job if it weren't for illegal immigrants constantly entering this country. There are plenty of jobs that I could have if it weren't for the constant flow of illegals entering this country. I have no problem with people who have come here legally and have actually gone through the citizenship process. Those people are better Americans than I am since they will have a better understanding of what it is to be an American since I have been fortunate enough to have it since birth and I take advantage of the system without thinking about how shitty it would be without it.

But it's the people who think that they can crawl under a fence and swim across a river that make me angry. What these people are doing is ILLEGAL, and it should be a FEDERAL CRIME to enter the country in this manner. I cannot steal in this country, and the people crawling under the fences are also stealing, which means that it's illegal. They are stealing jobs for the millions of legal citizens like my father who are unemployed, they are stealing money from our welfare systems and not putting money back into the system in which they are siphoning life and money out of when I cannot even get welfare or health care since I am not poor enough, but if I were to have crossed the border illegally, I would have it all.

The illegal immigrants in this country need to be deported back to where they have come from. As much as these people want to say that we are a nation of immigrants, that is a load of shit. I am not directly descended from any immigrants, and the vast majority of Americans aren't either. I am a native U.S. citizen, and that entitles me to the rights that you think you are granted by just crossing the border. In reality, you have no rights and are criminals and should be arrested immediately and sent back home.

And how can the people who are protesting afford to do so? I wouldn't be able to leave work for a whole day in order to have my voice heard, which if you're an illegal immigrant you don't have the right to protest, and if the crowds are full of illegal immigrants, why aren't there police rounding them up and taking them away?

Call me a bigot, call me a racist, call me whatever the fuck you want. I know I am none of those things. I know that I am an American who has no job, whose father has no job and hasn't had one for three years. I am also an American who lives below the poverty line and struggles to get by, but cannot get on welfare or any other social program since I don't meet the criteria when I should. It infuriates me that people who have come into this country illegally can get the things that I deserve since I'm a citizen but cannot get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know it is hard to find a job these days. Just curious: where did you apply for a job which was then filled by an illegal immigrant?

If you have substantive evidence that this happened, you should file a complaint with the US Department of Labor.


Employers are required to follow US labor laws.